Fall is not just a season for pumpkins, cornstalks, football, and apple cider, it is also a time to take on home improvement projects before the winter ahead. Autumn gives you the opportunity to enrich your Northeast Ohio home while it is not too hot or too cold to work. We are going to review some projects to tackle around your home in the fall.
Projects to Tackle Around Your Home in the Fall
While the possibilities are endless, there are some common projects that people tend to take on in the fall that helps to enhance their home all year round. We have explored some of those ideas below:
- Paint Your Front Door: Painting your front door is perhaps the easiest exterior project you can do, and it makes a big difference. A freshly painted front door helps your home stand out, and it can be completed in usually less than a full day. Fall is the best time for this project; as the temperatures are just right to allow the paint to adhere properly and keep it from freezing before it is fully dry.
- Power Wash Your Home: One of the other common projects to tackle around your home in the fall is power washing the exterior. Throughout the summer dirt and grim builds up and will only get worse in the winter months. Power washing will help to make sure that your siding is free of dirt, mold or mildew, and will give your house a clean glow heading into winter.
- Enhance Your Deck: Whether your deck is in need of repair or replacement, fall is a great time to take on this project. After a full summer of sun and heat, most wood looks less than desirable and can use some touch-ups. Replacing a deck in the fall is also ideal due to the moderate weather. If you are taking down the old deck, it is recommended to rent a dumpster to allow you to easily discard your debris and keep the project moving.
- Clean Your Gutters: Don’t allow your gutters to get overfilled with leaves and other debris this fall. This is a project that many homeowners tend to avoid, but fall makes the perfect time to tackle it because of the cooler temperatures. Having clean gutters going into the winter is important to ensure they function as they should.
- Window Repair or Replacement: Having windows that are properly sealed is important when heading into the colder months. If it’s been a while since you’ve caulked and sealed around your windows and doors, this fall might be a good time. While this project isn’t one that is usually noticeable, it can save you money on heating bills.
- Replace Your Fireplace: If you have a fireplace, you are likely going to want to go into the winter with it fully functional. Fireplaces can be dangerous when they’re not properly maintained. Replacing your fireplace can visually and physically enhance your home this winter. If getting rid of materials from your old fireplace, rent a dumpster to make the process easier for you and to keep the project on track.
- Yard Preparations: You should prepare your yard and garden for the winter. Trim plants and bushes, as needed, hibernate your grass, clean up and pack away outdoor furniture you will not use in the colder months, disconnect your garden hose, rake, amongst other exterior projects. There are so many things that need to be done outside before your Northeast Ohio yard is covered in snow.
- Roof Work: While this is unlikely a project you will take on yourself, it is one of the common projects to tackle around your home this fall. If your roof is in need of repair or replacement, there is no better time to have it fixed than before the winter ahead. If you do decide to take on this project on your own, a home dumpster rental will allow you easily get rid of the roofing debris.
There is no shortage of projects to tackle around your Northeast Ohio home in the fall. Regardless of what items you decide to take on, a dumpster can help with common home projects. Whether it’s cleaning out your gutters, winterizing your landscaping, and/or redoing your fireplace or deck, the time is now. To successfully complete your home project, you will need the right tools, including a dumpster.
Haul-Away is a local dumpster rental company in Cleveland that provides 7-day dumpster rentals in Cleveland Ohio, Akron, and surrounding communities in Northeast Ohio. We specialize in rentals for commercial or residential dumpsters. We assist in renting dumpsters for people looking to remove a variety of items such as home remodeling debris, including demolition, and fall projects.